Project Citizen is a portfolio-based civic education program for grades 5-12. It helps teachers and students understand public policy and use this information to create change in their community thereby empowering them and their teachers. Click here to read Project Citizen historical information, advisory committee members, supporting organizations and past state champions.
- Is interdisciplinary
- Is based on cooperative learning
- Is an excellent model for performance assessment
- Is an excellent method for implementing project based learning
- Focuses on state and local government
- Applies student learning to real public policy issues that concern them Develops participatory skills